This was a little bit of a trial recipe and happened to turn out brilliantly. A great way to add in the amazing matcha premium grade from Mematcha and make a simple cheesecake that is dairy, gluten and refined sugar free but full of flavour and punch! Plus its very simple to do, with the help of a trusty blender and a pan, you too can make a delicious cheesecake. Perfect Party Dessert!
- 1 cup of gluten free puffs
- 1 and a half cups of dairy free chocolate buttons
- Half a cup of honey
- Half a cup of Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint essence
- Half a cup of raisins
- Half a cup of pecans
- Half a cup almonds
- 2 cups of cashews left overnight in water for 24 hours or hot water for 30 mins and blended
- 1 cup of cacao butter melted
- 1 Lime zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon matcha premium grade Quarter cup of dairy free dark chocolate buttons to drizzle over
Put some cling film in the tin before you start, so that its easy to lift out. To make the base, heat the dairy free chocolate buttons and honey. Put the remaining ingredients in a blender and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and blend. Put in a tin and press down with your hands and put in the fridge to cool down.
For the topping: drain the overnight cashew nuts and blend very fine, in a pan melt the cacao butter and water. Once melted add to the blender and blend for a while to mix, then add the matcha, water and lime zest and juice. Once all blended together, pour over the base and freeze. Left in the fridge for about 2 hours. once you take it out, add the dark chocolate to a pan and melt (if you want you can add some more peppermint essence), once melted drizzle as you like over the cake, slice and enjoy every morsel, the hard part is just having one slice!