Even in the summer we get those dessert cravings, but it's important for me that the treat is refreshing and light in the summer heat. I don't want something that makes me feel bloated afterwards.
How do you feel about making something healthy with some plantbased ingredients and an additional wide range of health benefits due to the added organic matcha powder. I got the idea of half frozen matcha lime cheesecakes, which are healthy, delicious and will satisfy all your sweet cravings. This organic matcha dessert is sugarfree, glutenfree and sutable for vegans!
For a little more sweetness you can use some agave, maple surup or organic natural honey.
I highly recommend you try out this recipe as it is easy to make and I am in love with the taste of these little matcha treats!
This recipe makes 8-10 mini cheescakes, you can double up the ingredients if you wish to make more.
For the base:
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp plantbased milk (I use almond milk)
For the filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for more than 6 hours or overnight)
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of two limes
- 1 tsp maple syrup
1. Soak your cashews for 6 or more hours by submerging the cashews in water in a bowl.
2. For the base, blitz the almonds in a blender for about one minute until they become fine crumbs.
3. Add the coconut flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and almond milk to the blended almonds and mix together until you reach a crumby consistency, but the dough doesn't need to stick together.
4. Press the mixture into the base of cake moulds or trays you are using with your fingers. Leave the tray in the freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
6. Rinse and drain the soaked cashews. Pour them into a blender with matcha powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, juice of limes and maple syrup and blend until you reach a creamy mixture. There should be no cashew crumbs anymore.
7. Spoon the green filling over the base and freeze for about 2 hours until firm.
8. You can eat them straight out the freezer if you prefer a more icy consistency but I preferred letting them thaw a few minutes before eating them. You can add lime cuttings to top of the cheesecakes for that extra finesse.