The last few weeks I have been absolutely craving cookies.
I thought about making some healthy cookies without refined sugar, which were suitable for vegans and boosted your energy.
Immediately I thought about the matcha I have in order to make them way more special, giving them an amazing colour and of course to add to my beloved super foods.
They're perfect as a snack to go, because you can easily just grab them and snack whilst out and about adventuring without needing to do anything to them.
It's always important to have some healthy sweet snacks for when you get those cravings where ever you may be.
We all know that moment when we just need a treat and it's absolutely a better option to eat healthy, self-made cookies rather than ones bought from shops, as you know what's in them. Oh, and they always taste better!
Moreover, it's always good to take food with you so that you don't end up buying some unhealthy snacks whilst your out and about.
So lets prevent that and bake some amazing oatmeal matcha cookies.
- 150g (gluten free) oats
- 140ml unsweetened soy milk
- 60g Brown sugar (you can use honey, agave, coconut sugar etc.)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Matcha
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, molten
- 60g dark chocolate chunks (for baking) - optional
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and whisk until completely combined. Texture should be thick and sticky.
Adding chocolate is optional, but I can imagine you will absolutely love the combination if you're a chocolate fan!
3. On a lined baking sheet, form about twelve cookies and let them bake for about 20 minutes. But remember to check occasionally in order not to burn them.
4. Let cool and enjoy your healthy treat!